All courses are currently offered free-of-charge unless held at a Community Centre (in which case, the basic venue fee charged by CCs apply). Most courses consist of 10 x 2-hour sessions unless otherwise stated. Beginners should register for Kodrah Kristang 1A.
If you’d like to know when we open new 1A classes, email us at email@example.com to let us know when we open new classes. We will also publicise the new classes on our Facebook page so ‘like’ us if you want to get updates!
Adult course progression
C1: Cycle 1 (January – May)
C2: Cycle 2 (July – November)
- Thursday, 09 January 2020
- Thursday, 16 January 2020
- Thursday, 23 January 2020
- Thursday, 30 January 2020
- Thursday, 06 February 2020
- Thursday, 13 February 2020
- Thursday, 20 February 2020
- Thursday, 27 February 2020
- Thursday, 05 March 2020
- Thursday, 12 March 2020
How to register
All registration is done by Google Forms. The registration link to the Google Form will be made available online closer to the date of class commencement. We do not accept registrations by email.
Adult class attendance requirements
1A: You may miss a total of 3 sessions, even if you join class late
1B: You may miss a total of 3 sessions, and you must sit for ALKAS I (pass not required), even if you join class late
2A: You may miss a total of 3 sessions, even if you join class late
2B: You may miss a total of 3 sessions, and you must sit for ALKAS II (pass not required), even if you join class late
3A: You may miss a total of 3 sessions, even if you join class late
Progressing from 1B to 2A
To be admitted to Kodrah Kristang 2A, you need to fulfill two requirements:
a. Attendance: attend at least 7 out of the 10 1B sessions, even if you join class late (e.g. if you join class from Lisang 3, you must attend all 7 remaining sessions)
b. ALKAS: Take the ALKAS I.
If a learner is unable to fulfill the Attendance requirement, or wants to join 2A from scratch, they can still join 2A provided they fulfill the following requirement:
a. ALKAS Kapas Altu: Take the ALKAS I and achieve kapas altu for the entire assessment (score at least 57 points total out of a possible 65 points).
Policy on adult class re-registration
If you register for an adult class but
1. fail to complete that class’s attendance requirements, or
2. pull out of class before class starts,
we will not consider you for registration for any other classes within the same iteration, or any classes in the next iteration of Kodrah Kristang. You will only be able to register in a subsequent iteration (in other words, you will have to wait out one further iteration of classes before we consider you for registration again). If you are at 1B or 2A, you will also have to skip/wait 1 iteration of lower-level classes before you can sign up again.
1. Kodrah Kristang runs classes in June-July 2017 (iteration 1), January 2018 (iteration 2) and July 2018 (iteration 3).
2. Kevin signs up for Kodrah 1A starting in June-July 2017 (iteration 1), but pulls out of class without completing attendance requirements.
3. Kevin’s attempts at registration will not be considered for any other Kodrah classes starting in June-July 2017 (iteration 1) and any classes starting in January 2018 (iteration 2).
4. Kevin will only be considered for Kodrah classes starting in July 2018 (iteration 3).